Finding a great local pub or bar is a wonderful way to have a night out. You might be going out with friends or you want to be able to enjoy yourself with just a couple drinks. The type of bar you go to is going to make all the difference when it comes to the experience that you have. If you are noticing that you are simply not having any fun, you will probably regret going Read the rest of this entry »
Going green is a process that started long before the term was derived. Efforts to slow the rate of garbage, clean the air, and prevent risk to the waters are nothing new. What is new is the rate and level at which people work to bring some peace to the natural resources that have been taken for granted for so long. Does that mean that America is totally greened out?
The truth is, not everyone is on-board with the process of going green. Vast portions of the population still rebel against those efforts. Many who buckled Read the rest of this entry »
Everyone wants to live on a beautiful planet. However, the environment is threatened by pollution every single day. Thankfully, there are ways to help. Below are some tips you can use to make a difference.
1. Only Buy Recycled Paper
The paper you use for printing, taking notes other things should be recycled. This will save many trees that would have been cut down to produce more paper.
2. Unplug Your Appliances
Even when plugged in, your appliances are still using energy. Reduce this energy consumption by unplugging them when they are not in use. Read the rest of this entry »
As a child of this earth (human), you really ought to at least consider the possibility of having a greener lifestyle. You only get one Planet Earth and we should all be doing our best to live with the planet instead of against it.
Sure, there are plenty of big things you can change in your daily life, but that usually seems a little daunting to the uninitiated. That’s why, instead, we have a few smaller things you can do to make a big difference.
1. Look at your energy provider. See if you can get one that draws its energy through green methods. There are plenty out there and sites like TXU are a great place to start your search.
2. If your neighborhood doesn’t have a recycling program, start doing the research and write your local municipality. If you have a local dump in the area that recycles, consider making a trip out there about once a month with your recyclables.
3. Minimize the waste of water, energy and heat. Be mindful when you leave the water running and if you have any high-energy electronics, especially gaming consoles, be sure to unplug them. Even in the off position they can draw power.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be doing more than enough to live in harmony with the Earth. You’ll be living your life like it’s green.
There are few areas of the country as environmentally friendly as Marin County in California. Along with a careful attention to recycling, organic foods and more traditional organizations that keep beaches clean, Marin is home to the Marin Agricultural Land Trust. Based in Point Reyes the Trust is responsible for the protection of farmland throughout Marin along with education on the best ways to keep farmland organic and the community aware.
Over 60 farms are covered by the organization which accounts for more than 44,000 acres. Its mission since 1980 has Read the rest of this entry »
People often wonder what it means when they are told they need to be greener in their homes. Some people think this means bringing green plants into their homes, which does help, but there are also many other ways of going green.
Conserving water is one way to go green inside your home. Using the right amounts of water can make your home “green” because it is a huge help to the environment. You can save more than 300 liters of water Read the rest of this entry »
Not all plastic can be recycled, that’s a harsh reality that many trash disposal organizations have had to learn to deal with. A great deal of plastic can be torn apart and repurposed, mixed together to make new and useful products. However, there’s always a large percentage of plastic that makes its way into landfills.
What’s the solution at this point? Well, one option is to repurpose the actual plastic items, turning them into something else, or using them for a different purpose. However, there is another option that’s been gaining popularity; turning plastic that can’t be recycled back into Read the rest of this entry »
The thought of going green in the grocery store used to have a negative stigma attached to it. People used to think that being green in the grocery store meant only buying tofu and soy products. Today, that has been proven to be false because there are so many ways you can go green at the grocery store.
One way that you can be green in the grocery store is to buy foods that are sold at room temperatures. These products don’t require freezing or refrigeration which requires a lot less Read the rest of this entry »
10. Falling for “green” labels that are not green! Ever buy something just because it is labeled as “all natural”? Well next time stop and think before you purchase that item, because there are no standards for using the term “natural”. Instead of falling for the all natural labels, look for food certified as “USDA Organic”.
9. Throwing away electronics. Many people don’t realize that the busted pair of headphones they just threw away can be recycled. Read the rest of this entry »